Bahamalar başbakanı
- Güvenlik18 Ağu
Tupac Shakur murder trial: gang leader in court accused of orchestrating 1996 killing of rap star
Duane Davis is only man ever charged in relation to drive-by shooting of Shakur in Las Vegas What we know about Tupac Shakur’s death and what to expect from murder trial If you’re catching up now on what’s happened so far in th Tupac Shakur murder trial in Las Vegas, here is video of key evidence presented to the Las Vegas jury yesterday: The court heard brief testimony from Thomas Kern, who was a crime scene analyst for the Las Vegas police department in 1996, who was present at the autopsy of Tupac Shakur, and is authenticating evidence from the autopsy. Kern did not face any cross-examination. Continue reading...
Tupac Shakur’s killing was act of revenge, jury told
LAS VEGAS: Rapper Tupac Shakur was shot dead in an act of gang revenge, ordered by a mobster who later boasted of it, jurors heard on Monday, as one of America’s most anticipated trials got under way, 30 years after the murder. Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis, a one-time leader of the South Side Compton Crips, one of a patchwork of gangs that ran parts of Los Angeles in the 1990s, ordered the killing after his nephew was beaten by a rival mob, prosecutor Binu Pilal told the court. “On September 7, 1996, Tupac Shakur publicly, on camera, participated in a humiliating beating of Duane Davis’s nephew, Orlando Anderson,” he said. “Then, two and a half hours later… Tupac is gunned down in a drive-by shooting from a white Cadillac in an act of revenge.” Pilal said Davis did not pull the trigger, but had handed the gun to someone sitting in the back seat of his car and ordered that person to shoot the rapper. In repeated interviews, Davis had confessed to his part in the murder, Pilal said. “And now, nearly 30 years later, we’re going to ask you to finally hold Duane Davis accountable,” he told the jury. Davis, 63, denies murder and other charges. If convicted, he faces possible life in prison without parole. His lawyer, Michael Sanft, said prosecutors had no real proof that Davis was culpable, painting a picture of a confused police investigation that repeatedly failed to turn up a definitive version of events. East Coast vs West Coast The killing of Shakur, widely known as 2Pac, is one of America’s most celebrated cold cases, prompting endless debate among music fans over who did it and why. The rapper, who was just 25 when he died, was a key figure in a hip-hop rivalry pitting the US East Coast against the West Coast. Known for hits like California Love and All Eyez on Me, Shakur — the son of a Black Panther — was raised in Harlem and Baltimore, but quickly became the epitome of California hip hop when he signed with Los Angeles-based Death Row Records. The trial will revisit the battle between Death Row, founded by Marion ‘Suge’ Knight, and Bad Boy Records, the East Coast label created by Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, which signed Christopher ‘The Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace — who was also murdered in March 1997. Prosecutors say Death Row Records was protected by Mob Piru, a Los Angeles gang that was part of the wider Bloods alliance. Knight was affiliated with the group. Bad Boy Records had hired the rival South Side Compton Crips, led by Davis, as bodyguards. Knight and Shakur were in Las Vegas to watch boxer Mike Tyson fight when they beat up Davis’s nephew, Crips member Orlando ‘Baby Lane’ Anderson, in retribution over an alleged assault of a Death Row employee. Later that night, a white Cadillac carrying Davis, Anderson and others pulled up beside Shakur’s car in Las Vegas. Shots were fired from the Cadillac, and Shakur was fatally wounded. The investigation sputtered for decades because of a lack of evidence, but the case was revived when Davis’s memoirs were published in 2019. Published in Dawn, August 18th, 2026
- Güvenlik17 Ağu
‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins
Prosecutors claim Duane Davis was ‘on-site commander’ in murder of Shakur, who died after drive-by shooting in 1996.
Long-awaited trial begins in rapper Tupac Shakur’s 1996 Las Vegas killing
Rapper Tupac Shakur was shot dead in an act of gang revenge ordered by a mobster who later boasted of it, jurors heard on Monday, as one of America’s most anticipated trials got under way, 30 years after the murder. Duane “Keffe D” Davis, a one-time leader of the South Side Compton Crips, one of a patchwork of gangs that ran parts of Los Angeles in the 1990s, ordered the killing after his nephew had been beaten by a rival mob, prosecutor Binu Pilal told a Las Vegas court. “On September 7, 1996,...
- Güvenlik17 Ağu
Tupac Shakur murder: trial of ex-gang leader accused of ordering killing begins
Prosecutors allege Duane Davis was ‘on-site commander’ in murder of Shakur who died after drive-by shooting in 1996 Opening statements in the trial of a former gang leader accused of orchestrating the 1996 killing of rap star Tupac Shakur began in a Las Vegas courtroom on Monday morning. Duane “Keffe D” Davis is on trial for murder for his alleged role in the shooting of Shakur, who died after a drive-by shooting. Prosecutors allege Davis was the “on-the-ground, on-site commander of the effort to kill Tupac”. The Associated Press contributed reporting Continue reading...
Emekli Yarbay Daniel Davis: ABD, İran savaşını kaybetti
ABD ordusundan emekli Yarbay Daniel Davis, Washington yönetiminin İran’a karşı net bir askeri stratejiden yoksun olduğunu ve çatışmada inisiyatifin Tahran’a geçtiğini belirtti.
- Güvenlik17 Ağu
Opening arguments expected in Tupac murder trial
The proceedings are unlikely to establish who fired the shots that killed the hip-hop legend, but prosecutors aim to show that Duane 'Keffe D' Davis ordered the killing.
- Güvenlik16 Ağu
Who killed Tupac? What to know about the trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis
Three decades after rapper Tupac Shakur's death, a former California gang boss is the first person to be prosecuted.
'We're seeing an important escalation in southern Lebanon despite the so-called truce'
Overnight Israeli strikes in southern Lebanon killed at least seven people in one village, in the deadliest escalation since the lull in fighting began two months ago. FRANCE 24 correspondent Renée Davis, reporting from Beirut, says the strikes mark a significant escalation despite the so-called truce, and also gives us an update on ongoing negotiations with Israel.
İsrail'in 1915 Kararına Ankara ve Bakü'den Sert Tepki: 'Kendi Suçunu Örtbas Çabası'Matilda in pieces: what one mother’s suicide reveals about the carers broken by the system
Parent-carers of disabled children are exposed to chronic levels of extreme stress and often reach crisis point before help is available – then they face a ‘fight for basic support’, experts say. This is Matilda Davis’s story Two days before she died, Matilda Davis issued a plea on Facebook. Sharing a study that found more than 40% of parent-carers had considered suicide, she called for “greater awareness, action and change” in Britain’s broken social care system. “This speaks the words I can’t,” she wrote. Matilda, known as Tilly to her family and friends, had spent years battling for support in a regime that close observers and those who rely on it often say is increasingly confusing, fragmented and difficult to navigate. Continue reading...
- Güvenlik10 Ağu
Trial of former gang leader to begin over Tupac Shakur murder
Prosecutors to argue that Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis ordered killing and provided gun in Las Vegas drive-by shooting of rapper The trial is to begin of a former gang leader over the decades-old killing of the rapper Tupac Shakur, one of the most high-profile unresolved murders in the US. The proceedings, which begin in Las Vegas on Monday and are expected to last a month, are unlikely to make clear who fired the shots that killed the hip-hop legend on 7 September 1996 while he was in the city to see a Mike Tyson boxing match. Continue reading...
- Güvenlik10 Ağu
EXPLAINER - Tupac murder trial: Who is charged, what is the evidence, and what next?
Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis, only person charged in rapper’s 1996 killing, is accused of organizing retaliatory drive-by attack and providing gun used in shooting
Thirty years on, man accused of orchestrating Tupac Shakur's 1996 murder goes on trial
The man charged in the 1996 killing of rapper Tupac Shakur, one of America's most notorious unresolved murders, goes on trial Monday in Las Vegas. Duane “Keffe D” Davis, 63, faces one charge of murder with a deadly weapon with the intent to promote, further or assist a criminal gang in Shakur's death.
- Güvenlik09 Ağu
Nearly 30 years after Tupac's death, the trial over his murder will finally begin
For decades the mystery of who killed Tupac Shakur plagued the public. In 2023, police charged Duane Davis, also known as "Keefe D," with organizing Shakur's murder. The trial begins Monday.
Wanted American arrested in Davao City
DAVAO CITY –- A 53-year-old American wanted for three counts of assault in Massachusetts, USA was arrested here Wednesday evening. Lt. Cdr. Reynante Vilela, public affairs chief of the Philippine Navy’s Naval Forces Eastern Mindanao (NFEM), identified the suspect as James Charles Davis. Davis was collared at the Inspiria Condominium along J.P. Laurel Street here
Webb telescope finds signs of ancient disaster on Neptune’s moons
WASHINGTON: New observations of some of Neptune’s moons and rings are providing evidence of a catastrophe that occurred billions of years ago around the solar system’s outermost planet in which a Pluto-sized interloper caused a celestial demolition derby. Researchers used Nasa’s James Webb Space Telescope to examine the composition of three of Neptune’s small inner moons Proteus, Larissa and Galatea and its inner dusty rings, and detected clay minerals that one might expect to find deep inside certain worlds in the outer reaches of the solar system. These magnesium-rich minerals are known to exist on the dwarf planet Ceres, which orbits in the main asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, and in some meteorites. “These minerals require prolonged contact between liquid water and rock to form,” said planetary scientist Ryleigh Davis, a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California, San Diego, and lead author of the study published in the journal Science Advances. “The moons themselves are far too small and cold for that chemistry to have occurred in place, so the clay had to come from somewhere else the deep interior of a much larger ancient world. Finding this material on Neptune’s inner moons points to a catastrophic event in Neptune’s past that destroyed those ancient worlds and exposed their deep interiors, with the small moons and rings we see today re-forming from that wreckage,” said Davis, who worked on the study while at Caltech. The researchers said the culprit behind this cataclysm appears to be Triton, which currently is Neptune’s largest moon but previously resided farther out in the solar system in a region called the Kuiper Belt. They said that sometime during the first billion or so years after the solar system’s formation roughly 4.5 billion years ago a chaotic time when the large gas planets were still migrating to their current orbits Neptune’s gravitational pull captured Triton. Triton is a bit larger than Pluto, another Kuiper Belt resident, though smaller than Earth’s moon. After being captured, Triton’s own gravitational forces stirred up Neptune’s original moons and caused most of them to collide with each other. Neptune’s current inner moons eventually formed from some of the resultant debris. “The interiors of large icy moons are normally permanently hidden from us, buried beneath thick shells of water ice and accessible only through models and inference. Neptune’s inner moons may be the only place in the solar system where we can directly observe that material, because this catastrophic event essentially turned those ancient worlds inside out,” Davis said. Triton is the solar system’s only large moon that orbits in the opposite direction of its planet’s spin. This fact provides further evidence that Triton was captured after forming elsewhere rather than forming as one of Neptune’s original moons. The other three large gas planets Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus each has a system of large moons that formed around the planet, orbiting in a roughly circular path in the same direction that the planet rotates. “Neptune is the only giant planet in the solar system without an ordered system of large regular satellites,” Davis said. “So, Neptune ended up with a captured interloper dominating its satellite system rather than the orderly family of moons we see at the other giant planets.” Published in Dawn, August 4th, 2026
Webb Teleskobu, Neptün'de Antik Bir Felaketin İzlerini Ortaya ÇıkardıUkraine's 'turned tide' doesn't comport 'with basic military reality'
Encouraged by Ukraine’s sustained advances in drone warfare, Western media is abuzz with the idea that Kyiv just might be able to defeat Russia after more than four years of bitter fighting. In May, TIME hailed Ukraine’s drone industry as giving Kyiv “the cards to win without U.S. help.” Last month, CNN lauded Ukrainian drone strikes near Moscow as “a likely turning point” in the war. Earlier this month, Defense One even framed the conflict as a settled matter with the headline “How Ukraine won the first great robot war.” But this isn't the first time the press has played up Ukraine's military capabilities, despite repeated setbacks on the battlefield. As experts warn RS, such coverage reinforces the idea that more military aid can still help Ukraine win back all of its territory, thus downplaying the need for a negotiated solution. Overplaying Ukraine's hand As Daniel Davis, a military expert at Defense Priorities, tells RS, “western media narratives claiming Ukraine has 'turned the tide' do not survive contact with basic military reality.” “Tactical Ukrainian strikes on Russian refineries and supply hubs — like the recent hits on [Russian retailer] Wildberries near Moscow and St. Petersburg — make for dramatic television,” Davis wrote to RS, citing recent Ukrainian drone attacks within Russia. “They do not disrupt Moscow's core ability to wage a long-term war of attrition.” Michael Desch, an international relations professor at the University of Notre Dame, tells RS that drones alone cannot earn Ukraine a military victory. “Best Ukraine can do [with drones] is slow the Russians down a bit,” he said. “There is no doubt that Ukraine has recently upped its medium- and deep-strike drone operations against Russia and has done some damage,” he shared. “The problem with the [mainstream media] coverage is that it ignores: a) Russia is doing the same [and] b) Russia is still making consistent gains on the ground.” To Desch’s point, Russian forces continue, albeit slowly, to push westward into Eastern Ukraine. Both Russia and Ukraine say they have captured villages at the war’s frontlines. More broadly, as Barry Posen, a political science professor at MIT, tells RS, “the press highlights anything that looks like positive news for Ukraine from the battlefield. And it tends to minimize Ukrainian setbacks.” Posen cited Ukraine’s 2024 Kursk offensive as an episode where the media overplayed Kyiv’s prospects. “It was clear that this [offensive] was a diversion of scarce Ukrainian combat power to a mission that could not produce important military results. And it ended very badly for Ukraine,” he said. The media similarly overhyped Ukraine’s unsuccessful counteroffensive in 2023, where Kyiv tried to retake Russian-held territory in southern and eastern Ukraine. “It turned into a horrendous sacrifice of soldiers on minefields and the drone-infested steppe,” Almut Rochowanski, a non-resident fellow at the Quincy Institute, said. “No gain to Ukraine at all, but enormous human and material resources were squandered.” Despite repeated military setbacks, many pro-Ukraine commentators “remain completely unfazed,” said Mark Episkopos, a research fellow in the Quincy Institute’s Eurasia Program. “Retired U.S. Army officer Ben Hodges predicted that the Russian army will collapse by March 2022, and again by the end of 2022, and that Crimea will be retaken in 2023,” Episkopos said. In fact, Hodges made a similar prediction just last week, telling The Sun that Ukraine was once again working to isolate Crimea. “There will be a significant political problem for Putin when Crimea is finally back under Ukraine's control,” Hodges said. “Things are moving in the right direction for Ukraine.” The Western press has also downplayed the fact that many Ukrainians no longer want to fight. “English-language reports about violent resistance to conscription [in Ukraine] are dwarfed by stories claiming Russia is faltering,” writer Branko Marcetic previously observed in RS. “Some Ukrainian-language reports about the country’s recruitment and demographic crises are simply never translated to English.” Prolonging the war But rosy coverage of Ukraine’s wartime prospects helps Western politicians make the case for more military aid, prolonging the conflict. “The discourse around this war is saturated with the delusion that victory is right around the corner if the West simply does a little more,” Episkopos told RS. “As if one or two fresh aid tranches and sanctions packages will accomplish what $150 billion in military aid [to Ukraine] and the world's most ambitious sanctions regime with over 25,000 restrictions [against Russia] could not,” he said, citing previous efforts to assist Ukraine. “Most Western leaders…stand to lose politically from [abandoning the Ukrainian war effort],” he stressed. “Therefore, the only course left is to double down on the alternative information space they've created for themselves regardless of how far removed it is from the realities of this war.” But observers say that doubling down, rather than pursuing diplomacy, has real costs for Ukrainians on the ground. “By overstating Kyiv’s position, the Western media masks a grim reality: there is no viable military path to a Ukrainian victory,” Davis said. “Continuing to arrogantly pursue one anyway only prolongs the destruction and casualties pointlessly suffered by Kyiv.” “Ukraine will either have to negotiate the best peace terms available or face complete military defeat,” Davis warned.
Zelenskyy Askeri Komutayı Değiştirdi, Rusya’nın Büyük Saldırısı Can Aldı