İçeriğe atla
Hikayeler
PK
Gelişiyor

Karachi'de elektrik kesintileri protestolara yol açtı

Özet · AI üretimi

Cumartesi günü Karaçi'nin çeşitli mahallelerinde yaşayanlar, uzun süren ve önceden duyurulmayan elektrik kesintilerini protesto etti. Pak Colony, Liaquatabad, Gharibabad, Nishtar Road, Bhimpura ve Ranchore Line bölgelerinde toplanan gruplar ana yolları trafiğe kapattı ve lastik yaktı. Protestocular elektriğin derhal geri verilmesini talep etti. Gösteriler, Pakistan'ın en büyük kenti olan Karaçi'de elektrik altyapısındaki sorunların günlük yaşamı ve ekonomik faaliyetleri ne ölçüde etkilediğini ortaya koydu. Saatlerce süren eylemler sırasında kentin önemli noktalarında trafik durma noktasına geldi. Yetkililerin kesintilere ilişkin henüz resmi bir açıklama yaptığına dair bilgi paylaşılmadı.

Başlangıç 23 Ağu 04:22 1 olay Güncellendi 1 sa önce
Paylaş
Bağlam · AI üretimi

Bağlam, hikayenin etrafındaki ülke + lider + komşu hikaye ağına dayanılarak AI tarafından üretildi. Olgu içerikleri için her zaman üstteki kaynak linklerine başvurun.

Bu gündemi takip et

Pakistan gelişmelerini kaçırma — ücretsiz kaydol, günlük brifinginde gör.

Bu gündeme tepki ver:

Zaman çizelgesi

en güncel: 1 sa önce
  1. Siyasi23 Ağu 04:22

    Karachi residents take to streets in protest against prolonged power outages

    KARACHI: Power riots erupted in parts of the city on Saturday as residents staged hours-long protests against prolonged and unannounced electricity outages, blocking major roads and burning tyres to demand immediate restoration of power. The demonstrations took place in Pak Colony, Liaquatabad, Gharibabad, Nishtar Road, Bhimpura and Ranchore Line, bringing traffic to a standstill in key parts of the city and leaving thousands of commuters stranded. In Liaquatabad, demonstrators blocked main intersections, disrupting traffic flow between Civic Centre and Liaquatabad for several hours. In Pak Colony, residents, along with members of local union committees, staged rallies to decry extended daily power cuts and the resulting water shortages. Closure of roads in many areas causes traffic jams On Nishtar Road, protests intensified following disputes between traders and K-Electric (KE) staff over prolonged blackouts, with tyres set ablaze at multiple points. In Bhimpura and Ranchore Line, shopkeepers joined residents, saying businesses had been hit hard by the erratic supply. The road blockades caused severe congestion that spilt over into district South and adjoining areas. As Chup Tazia processions were also being taken out on Saturday, multiple roads were closed, resulting in traffic congestion. The protests further worsened the situation, leaving people stuck in traffic jams. Asif Khan, an employee of a private firm, said he left his office on the I.I. Chundrigarh Road at around 5pm and, travelling from S.I.T.E, took four hours to reach Liaquatabad. A resident of Gulshan-i-Iqbal said her mother had been suffering from fever and they had an appointment with their family physician in Saddar. “We started our journey towards the clinic for her medical examination, but our ambulance got stuck for at least two hours near Civic Centre”. Another commuter, Imran from Gharibabad, said: “We pay bills on time but still face 12-hour power outages. Today we couldn’t even reach home. The whole city is jammed because of both the procession and these protests.” Long queues were witnessed on routes leading to Civic Centre, S.I.T.E, Saddar and other parts of central Karachi. Traffic police diverted vehicles, but the alternate routes were also choked. ‘Citizens being punished with 12-hour loadshedding’ According to residents, they have been enduring up to 12 hours or more of daily electricity cuts, with outages often announced at short notice. Protesters said the power crisis had also disrupted water supply, as pumps remained non-functional during outages. “Bill-paying citizens are being punished with 12-hour load-shedding,” a protester in Liaquatabad said. A resident of Gharibabad said their food was spoiling, children could not study, and at night they could not sleep without electricity as fans could not run. However, a KE spokesperson claimed that outstanding dues owed by defaulters in the Bandhani Colony and Rexer Line areas have exceeded Rs3 billion. “Despite repeated kunda removal drives, residents in the area continue to engage in electricity theft and default on their bills,” he added. The spokesperson said the duration of loadshedding depends on “electricity theft and the level of losses in the area”. Published in Dawn, August 23rd, 2026

ilgili gelişmeler