İçeriğe atla
Stories
PK
Developing

Hükümet, Meclis'te Düşük Katılımı Quorum'u Tamamlayarak Aştı

Summary · AI generated

Pakistan Ulusal Meclisi'nde Çarşamba günü hükümet kanadının düşük katılımı nedeniyle başlangıçta yetersayı sorunu yaşandı. Hükümet, daha sonra quorum'u tamamlayarak oturumu sürdürdü; yedi yasa tasarısı sunuldu, sekiz rapor masaya yatırıldı. Bilawal, Fazl ve Hamza Shehbaz gibi isimler kısa süreliğine oturuma katıldı. Aynı oturumda bir bakan, Somali korsanlarına fidye ödenmesinin daha fazla kaçırma olayını teşvik edebileceği endişesini dile getirdi. Bu durum, hükümetin meclisteki sayısal desteğini koruma çabası ile deniz güvenliği ve fidye politikalarına ilişkin hassasiyetleri aynı gündemde birleştirdi.

This summary is currently in Turkish; automated English translation is coming soon.

Started 20 Aug, 02:31 2 events Updated 3h ago
Paylaş
Bağlam · AI üretimi

Bağlam, hikayenin etrafındaki ülke + lider + komşu hikaye ağına dayanılarak AI tarafından üretildi. Olgu içerikleri için her zaman üstteki kaynak linklerine başvurun.

Bu gündemi takip et

Pakistan gelişmelerini kaçırma — ücretsiz kaydol, günlük brifinginde gör.

React to this story:

Timeline

latest: 3h ago
  1. Political20 Aug, 02:31

    Govt saves face after ‘low-quorum start’ in assembly

    • Manages to complete quorum; seven bills tabled, eight reports laid • Bilawal, Fazl, Hamza Shehbaz make brief appearances • Minister fears ransom payment to Somali pirates could encourage more abductions ISLAMABAD: After initially facing embarrassment due to the low attendance of treasury members in the National Assembly on Wednesday, the government eventually managed to complete quorum and take up nearly day’s entire agenda. On Tuesday, the National Assembly had witnessed an unprecedented session when 43 members spoke on points of order as the PPP managed to compel the government to virtually suspend the heavy private member’s day agenda, which included 21 bills. At the outset of the proceedings on Wednesday, both opposition and PPP members criticised the government over the absence of federal and state ministers, as Deputy Speaker Syed Ghulam Mustafa Shah initiated Question Hour. He immediately suspended the session after the opposition pointed out a lack of quorum. Later, opposition members staged a walkout, with only a handful of PPP members stayed behind. The recounting of MNAs started at 3:55pm, when a good number of PML-N members were in the house, allowing proceedings to resume. Subsequently, seven bills were tabled and eight different reports were laid, while discussions were held on two calling-attention notices. With the PPP’s threat to oppose any legislation until the redressal of their grievances hanging over proceedings, four bills that were scheduled for passage on Wed­nesday were skipped, ostensibly to ensure the smooth conduct of house business. A rare appearance by PML-N stalwart and PM Shehbaz Sharif’s son, Hamza, became a highlight of the day for his party colleagues, who gathered around him and chanted slogans of “Hamza Shehbaz Sharif Zindabad”. PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari and JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman also made brief appearances during Wed­nesday’s proceedings, with both men exchanging views on the house floor. Abducted Pakistani sailors On a calling-attention notice regarding the 10 Pakistani crew members of a vessel held hostage by Somali pirates, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Tariq Fazal Chaudhry said the issue had already been discussed in the NA on Tuesday, adding that all-out efforts were being made to bring the Pakistanis back to the country. The mover, Abdul Qadir Patel, disputed the minister’s claim, adding that he would resign if the minister was right. Mr Chaudhry accepted the challenge. Mr Patel said the Pakistani crew were abducted five months ago, and since then the government has been making “false promises” of their return. In response, Mr Chaudhry said the pirates had demanded $3 million as ransom, and the government was reluctant to pay it because, if it did, it may open the floodgates for others to do the same. MQM leader Farooq Sattar said that if the government could not pay the ransom, his party could try to raise funds through charity. He also offered to contribute Rs10m each from the development funds the 22 MQM MNAs received for their constituencies. However, the minister for parliamentary affairs said the government did not provide funds directly to MNAs for the development of their areas. On another calling-attention notice, mo­­ved by PTI’s Asad Qaisar regarding a ban on the supply of urea to Khyber Pa­­kh­tu­n­khwa, Food Security Minister Rana Tanvir claimed the step was taken following reports that urea was being used by terrorists to manufacture improvised explosive devices in the troubled areas of KP. Published in Dawn, August 20th, 2026

  2. Political20 Aug, 02:42

    Govt saves face after ‘low-quorum start’ in National Assembly

    • Manages to complete quorum; seven bills tabled, eight reports laid • Bilawal, Fazl, Hamza Shehbaz make brief appearances • Minister fears ransom payment to Somali pirates could encourage more abductions ISLAMABAD: After initially facing embarrassment due to the low attendance of treasury members in the National Assembly on Wednesday, the government eventually managed to complete quorum and take up nearly day’s entire agenda. On Tuesday, the National Assembly had witnessed an unprecedented session when 43 members spoke on points of order as the PPP managed to compel the government to virtually suspend the heavy private member’s day agenda, which included 21 bills. At the outset of the proceedings on Wednesday, both opposition and PPP members criticised the government over the absence of federal and state ministers, as Deputy Speaker Syed Ghulam Mustafa Shah initiated Question Hour. He immediately suspended the session after the opposition pointed out a lack of quorum. Later, opposition members staged a walkout, with only a handful of PPP members stayed behind. The recounting of MNAs started at 3:55pm, when a good number of PML-N members were in the house, allowing proceedings to resume. Subsequently, seven bills were tabled and eight different reports were laid, while discussions were held on two calling-attention notices. With the PPP’s threat to oppose any legislation until the redressal of their grievances hanging over proceedings, four bills that were scheduled for passage on Wed­nesday were skipped, ostensibly to ensure the smooth conduct of house business. A rare appearance by PML-N stalwart and PM Shehbaz Sharif’s son, Hamza, became a highlight of the day for his party colleagues, who gathered around him and chanted slogans of “Hamza Shehbaz Sharif Zindabad”. PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari and JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman also made brief appearances during Wed­nesday’s proceedings, with both men exchanging views on the house floor. Abducted Pakistani sailors On a calling-attention notice regarding the 10 Pakistani crew members of a vessel held hostage by Somali pirates, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Tariq Fazal Chaudhry said the issue had already been discussed in the NA on Tuesday, adding that all-out efforts were being made to bring the Pakistanis back to the country. The mover, Abdul Qadir Patel, disputed the minister’s claim, adding that he would resign if the minister was right. Mr Chaudhry accepted the challenge. Mr Patel said the Pakistani crew were abducted five months ago, and since then the government has been making “false promises” of their return. In response, Mr Chaudhry said the pirates had demanded $3 million as ransom, and the government was reluctant to pay it because, if it did, it may open the floodgates for others to do the same. MQM leader Farooq Sattar said that if the government could not pay the ransom, his party could try to raise funds through charity. He also offered to contribute Rs10m each from the development funds the 22 MQM MNAs received for their constituencies. However, the minister for parliamentary affairs said the government did not provide funds directly to MNAs for the development of their areas. On another calling-attention notice, mo­­ved by PTI’s Asad Qaisar regarding a ban on the supply of urea to Khyber Pa­­kh­tu­n­khwa, Food Security Minister Rana Tanvir claimed the step was taken following reports that urea was being used by terrorists to manufacture improvised explosive devices in the troubled areas of KP. Published in Dawn, August 20th, 2026

ilgili gelişmeler